Wednesday, August 12, 2009

" Running running as fast as we can, do you think we'll make it..."

This October Colin and I have decided to run the Toronto Marathon....ok, for anyone that has ever met us, this seems a little out of our normal extracurricular activities, and you are correct! You see, originally I wanted to train for the half marathon, I had planned out all of the running clinics and prepared myself for a few months of torture. Then I had a thought... I don't really like running that much! Plus, Colin and I started dating right around the first clinic started, and things just got put on the back burner - as I discovered there are many better things to be doing than running. I had put the Marathon out of my mind, until we recieved a work e-mail discussing the Marathon - as GoodLife is sponsoring it. After some exploring I discovered that there is the full marathon, a half marathon and a 5 km! a FIVE KM?!? I can totally pull that off! With a little persuasion, I talked Colin into doing it with me. To my shock and suprise, it is Colin who has already got his butt back into the gym to start training. So, for the next few months I am going to be preparing my little butt to run this! It is fantastic to have someone else to run it with, because he keeps me motivated, and I enjoy sharing new experiences together!

No comments:

Post a Comment