Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Mindsuck


Total breakdown. It couldn't be avoided, some say they knew it would happen eventually. That is right Complete and utter boredom has lead me to this - a blog.


Alright meladramatics aside, my weekend was wonderful - no fabulous. I love being home, I miss muskoka summers so much, but I do appriciate it a lot more when I am there. The entire family was up this weekend, including my beautiful new niece Lexy -who I finally got to meet! Can I just mention that Colin was amazing with her, she is 6 weeks old and totally in love with him. (insert giant happy cheesy heart here)


Friday Colin and I picked up the rental car and headed north. There was a lot of time spent with the entire family, a lot of pool time and sitting around chatting with each other. My dear stepbrothers initiated Colin into the family with their "yes yes no"game which would have been much more successful if they had told me they were doing it ha ha- As much as I love them, and adore their company it was great to have the option to leave and do our own thing. We ran around town just because we could.


We hit up the drive in - Colin hadn't been since he was in highschool, I felt it was important for him to have the experience the drive in as a date. The drive in was a total success and an experience that will go down in the history books for sure. Monday we were able to head to Huntsville to see my friend Laura. We met her, Melissa and Dave for lunch at "The Cottage" it was raining a little bit, but that didn't stop us from sitting outside -well partially. It was great to see them, sometimes you forget how much you love people until you get to actually have a real non technological based conversation with them. We strolled through Huntsville and purchased our weight in candy - which we proceded to eat during our trek back to bracebridge.


We also took Evan to see "Funny People" - don't let the name fool you, it was not funny. It had its moments for sure, but overall it was like an episode of SNL funny moments dragged on for too long and beaten into the ground.


Overall the weekend was a huge success, my mom emailed me this morning to express again how much everyone loves Colin. Mostly she loves him, and Quentin love him, when it comes down to it - their opinions matter to me the most. We told my family that Colin and I are moving in together and their reaction blew me away, they had nothing but positive things to say about it. Even my grandmother was happy about it - this is a miracle of epic proportions.


ANYWAY, because the weekend was so amazing, it is was so hard to come back. I feel like I am out growing London a lot. Walking to work today literally felt like a total mindsuck - you know that feeling where a word is on the tip of your tounge and you just can't think of it? That is how my head feels when ever I walk through Galleria.


1 comment:

  1. YAY BLOG.
    And I know that feeling aaaaall too well.
    Congrats on the Colin lovefest. :)

    ReplyDelete