Monday, November 9, 2009

Trying to find myself out on the open road...

Yesterday when Krystina dropped me off, I decided to take a long walk through Victoria Park with Ella. I wanted to take some fall pictures there, not to pretend I am being artsy or that I have any sort of photography talent, but to show exactly what I see when I walk through the park. Victoria Park has been a huge part of my life since living in London. Even when I lived with Natalie I would take a bus to Victoria Park to go ice skating by myself or watch whatever music event was going on. When I stumbled upon this apartment building seconds from the park I was ecstatic. I don't know what exactly it is about this park, but it always captivates me, and brings a sense of calm and clarity to my day. Every season in this park is GORGEOUS. The best part is that when I first moved here, I would walk through during each season and imagine that one day I would be able to walk hand in hand with someone I love and be able to share the beautiful feeling with someone else...and now I have that... I guess as cheesy as it sounds it is my dream come true place. That being said, I still love taking myself through the park alone or with Ella and just absorb everything in my own head. I guess in away, it represents the independace I grew while living in London, while also being able to celebrate what I have found with Colin. Ha that is a lot for one park...one thing is for sure, when we leave London, I am going to miss Victoria Park most of all.




3 comments:

  1. Prettttyyyyy. There's a Victoria Park here too that I live right by, and I love it as well! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the pictures!
    the weekend was fantastic, and so was our walk last night...you are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha of course there is Jenny, we must live almost the same life ALWAYS.
    And Colin YOU are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete