Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast...


I can't believe it is already Sunday, this weekend just flew by.
Friday night Colin and I experimented with a rice, veggie and tofu stir fry, which turned out to be absolutely delectable. We watched Juno and just hung around the house, avoiding the drery weather outside.

Unfortunately the dreary weather only got worse by Saturday, but we didn't let that stop us from having a productive day; we did a little record hunting, laundry and Colin picked up his tickets for ETID. Since Krystina was in town we decided to head out for some drinks. We started out at Poachers hoping to avoid the UFC crowd at Winks. Poachers was pretty lame so we took the rainy windy trek over to winks. Winks had some random two man band playing, which equaled a lot of excited singing to Bon Jovi and Journey. We left the bar at close which thanks to daylight savings meant that we didn't get home until after 3am. Krystina stayed over night at our place, and Darcy headed home.

Sunday Krystina and I went to Silvercity to see Alice in Wonderland (in 3D). I have heard mixed reviews of this movie, but I loved it! I am a pretty huge Alice in wonderland fan, I read and re read the Lewis Carol book over and over growing up and the Disney cartoon movie was one of my favorites. The movie doesn't follow the original story instead it offers another story, where Alice returns to wonderland 13 years later, I thought this idea was brilliant, a wonderful way to breathe new life into old characters and story lines. I would say that if you were ever a fan of Alice, then you will find this worth watching!
I returned home just in time to hang out with Andrew and Colin for a little while before they headed off to see ETID.

The weather this weekend was disgusting, it was reminiscent of a November day - only worse, but we managed to make the best of it, and have a pretty phenomenal time!

No comments:

Post a Comment