Friday, March 12, 2010

Oh baby baby it's a wild world...


Last night Colin and I hopped on the bus to Masonville and ran some errands, mostly involving Colin purchasing lighter flannel wear and new "grown up" shoes. He is pretty excited that he was able to buy a new shirt, in size medium to boot! I believe his exact words were "found a sweet wrangler shirt today, my life is complete. and i got it in size MED, haven't been a MED since about grade 4." and by "words" I mean he tweeted ha ha...

We also hit the grocery store and managed to pick up some pretty healthy items, not for weight loss reasons (we don't Colin in a small ha ha) but peppers, mushrooms and some other healthy treats that Colin will actually eat, and that will help my body from screaming for veggies! We even decided to try out some tofu. Usually the only time we eat tofu is when they put it in our pad thai - generally I end up giving Colin most of mine, but after seeing an interview with the author of "Eating Animals" I decided to try to cut down on my meat intake. We already hardly eat any red meat, well I hardly eat any Colin doesn't eat any. I don't want to become a Vegetarian or anything, but maybe pay more attention to where my food comes from and why I am eating it. Adding more healthy items and subtracting less healthy items of food can only work out in our benefit. Tonight is the veggie tofu stir fry, I'll let you know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment