Monday, March 1, 2010

and I'll be gone before the break of dawn


So aside from watching the greatest hockey game of the year, this weekend was pretty great!
Friday night, Colin and I went to the new bar down the street, The Ale House to meet up with the old GoodLife crew, it was really nice to see everyone again and mostly watch Shelley get ridiculously tipsy. After the GoodLife group died out, we headed over to Poachers with Darcy and ate possibly the worst Nachos ever, and eventually met up with Dally and some of his random friends.
Saturday Colin and I skipped out on the pancakes so he could get his hair cut (he no longer looks like a mountain man or a yeti.) Our original plan was to head to Masonville to see Crazy Heart, but the weather had other ideas, and we decided to stick closer to home and go to Rainbow, where we watched The Crazies, which wasn't amazing, but it was entertaining and I enjoyed it. I appreciate when a movie focuses on the thrill of what will happen next rather than gore, and since I am not a huge fan of zombie movies I was happy to see that it could just barely be classified as such. Saturday night we went to CTO to catch The Bad Ideas rock out! It was a little weird being there totally sober, mostly because my patience for slam dancing douche bags, and scenester wanna-bes was quite limited - but it was still a super performance, complete with three new songs! I am so pumped for the spring release of their record. I can't believe it has almost been a year since we saw them preform for the very first time - this year has flown by!

No comments:

Post a Comment