Thursday, January 14, 2010

We're not at the end but we already won ...no one is as lucky as us.


This is the part in winter when we start to get excited when the temperature falls with only a single diget under zero or maybe even suggests a possible warm up of plus one! It is that little glimpse into the coming spring, to start to shake us out of our winter blues and let us see some sunshine, even if we are sure that we will likely have a deep freeze in a matter of weeks.
That being said, this is one of my favorite parts of winter, because there is very little going on, so it gives you the opportunity to replenish after Christmas, and get all the little nagging things that you have been putting off. All the little tasks that build up, you now have lots of time to complete, knowing that in a few short months your free time will again be booked solid.
That being said I have spent a lot of my free time this week, doing random chores that I have been putting off and let me tell you, it feels pretty great.

Since the demise of our laundry facility in the building, we have had to make use of a laundry mat, which I have to say, I enjoy a lot more than I thought I would. There is something about being able to do multiple loads at one time, and not spending your entire day doing laundry that is rather liberating. ha ha. Yes, this is the excitement that comes with January.
I also, have stepped back in to hot yoga. For a little while I was having a hard time feeling dizzy and like I might pass out, which was rather disheartening since I had never felt that way before. But I picked it up again this week and had no trouble. After class this week, I decided to drop into a introduction to meditation class. It was interesting, and parts of the teachings make a lot of sense, I don't necessarily agree with everything it teaches, but I enjoyed what I learned and trying out something new again.
This week has flown by with all the procrastinating put to an end (for now anyway) and filling up the spare time with new home made dinners, yoga and ice skating.

This weekend, we are celebrating our 10 month anniversary with another skating date (like we need an excuse to skate) and a pad thai dinner with a friend from out of town.

Oh and have I mentioned lately outstandingly lucky I am to have Colin in my life?!? Seriously the longer we are together, and the more time we spend together the better this guy gets. I am so lucky and love him like CRAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment