Monday, January 11, 2010

Well, You, are, the only exception

So last week Colin and I finally made it out to Victoria Park to go skating. I have to say I was really impressed with Colin's skills, when I found out that he hadn't been skating since the 6th grade, I was pretty worried that we would spend the evening with his butt glued to the ground. But true to Colin form, he rocked it. I am looking forward to spending a lot of time on the ice this winter!
This weekend was pretty wonderful, we managed to strike a great balance between relaxing with Coffee and rocking out to our new record player and getting a lot done! Not to mention having some pretty spectacular times with our friends.

Friday night we watched "Fever Pitch" which I have seen, but this was before I was dating a red sox fan, so this time it was more of a learning tool ha ha. I enjoyed watching it with someone that was so excited by it.

Saturday we spent most of the day sleeping in just hanging out around the house and then went to Rainbow to see "Up in the air", which I would say is one of my favorite movies of the year...even if it is the second week of 2010. Saturday night, I got to lose myself in the new book I am reading "Second Glance" by Jodi Pilcot (author of My Sisters Keeper). This is about the 8th book I have read by her, and was pretty delighted when it wasn't soaked in depression, like the majority of her books. I am pretty deep into the book right now, and jump at the chance to lose myself in it. So when Colin went to Darcy's to watch the hockey game, I was thrilled to spend the evening lost in the story.
By the way, I am ok with the fact that I am a huge nerd.

Sunday after Colin and Darcy realized there was not going to be any chance of road hockey the three of us, hit the town to find some skates for Darcy. While out searching, we found some size 13 skates for Colin. (he currently had a 12.5 which were a little too small for his left foot. Yep just the left). We went to McDonald's to hunt down an "Alvin" for Andrew, but came up empty handed, and got some grocery shopping done!
Afterward I met up with Tina, Jenny and Leslie for a wonderful sushi date at Wonder Sushi! The entire meal was filled with inappropriate conversations, and jokes that had us all literally crying with laughter.
I am not sure how thrilled the people around us were, but we had a blast, and lets face it, that is all that maters.
All in all a pretty great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment