Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Addison Felicia Marie Dolhan

My God Daughter Addison fought H1N1 pretty hard early on in the winter. She managed to kick it's butt, but while in the hospital they discovered that she has a heart problem that will require open heart surgery. She has a hole in her heart that they are going to be repairing. Hard to imagine this girl with a hole in her heart, since she is the happiest most loving little girl I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. While they assure Ortal and Thomas that it is a low risk procedure, it is still open heart surgery. When they learned this, Ortal was 7 months pregnant with Hyleigh, how these two find the strength to do all that they do, I will never understand. They are defiantly an inspiration. The whole thing really puts things into perspective about what matters in life, and what we waste our energy worrying about or being upset about.
Anyway, I thought I would post the song that Ortal wrote about Addison, because it is beautiful, just like they are.

Addison

Her dump truck rolls back and forth
My heart melts, despite all the hurt
I pray to G-d that there will come a day
When my baby won’t have to play, all alone
When I won’t be waiting by the phone
To hear about the inevitable day
She calls me ‘mama’, I smile, and I turn away
I look at her and wonder what she would do, if she knew
A mother lost in doubt, a child she cannot live without

Happy Addy never knew until I told her the news
She never heard me ask my lord for strength
Give me the hurt; tell me there is reason for hope
Don’t take it all away, give me one day, day after day
She was your child first but now she is mine, and all I ask
Is you keep her that way.

Happy Addy never saw the tears flowing down, as I asked you
For forgiveness as I asked for your compassion, and I know that
I don’t have the power to make it all go away
The power is all in you, and all I am left to do
Is give in to your plan, for reasons unknown
I led me a stray, and somehow you never let me go

Happy Addy makes my home the home I never knew
Brings me back to all that is true
The heart of a lion with a face of an angel
An angel here on earth
Let the sins of the ones that love her keep her near
So that I shall never stop to not fear.
Happy Addy laughs and giggles
In a world with so much pain & sadness
With a smile that lasts forever, I hold her tight
And ask you G-d to give my Addy a new life

No comments:

Post a Comment