Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2009 was a Mixed Tape

I feel that it is necessary to do a year wrap up now that my holidays have been carefully blogged about. I will run it back to the beginning.

I started 2o09 off the best way possible, with good friends. I rang in the new year with Kelli and Andrew and Andrews roommates, and I couldn't have imagined a better time. I think what they say about the way you spend new years eve is how you will spend your year, I spent my year weeding out the people that no longer had a place in my life and those that were wasting my energy existing in my world. With all of this weeding out, came an embrace of those around me that matter most, and making it clear who those people are and how important they are to me. By the end of 2009 I had developed a clear understanding of who and what is important in my life and surround myself with those things on a daily basis. Understanding the importance of these things in my life is a highlight not only in the year, but in my life.


The year was all over the place, and went in a direction I wasn't expecting. The start of 2009 marked my promise to try new things, and just say yes, when I would have said no before. Who would have imagined that making that choice would start the foundation for my relationship now. It all started by going to the gym and then working up the nerve to try a class, and then try one of those classes in the co-ed side, and asking a certain work associate to join me on Thursday nights. Which would lead to playing on a dodge-ball team and hot yoga Sunday's! Going into these things I did not have any idea that they would lead me into the love of my life. I say everyday how happy I am that Colin and I met and grew as friends with no thought of a romantic involvement, because we ended up falling for each other as real people, the people we are at heart. With that came an incredible amount of love and support that made anything life threw at us nothing, but a small annoyance.

The year had a ton of highlights, more than I can even begin to list. 2009 was a year that flew by and a year that I was able to end just as I had started it -happy. I celebrated the end of 2009, beginning of 2010 with family and the love of my life. All in all 2009 was a pretty epic year and I can't wait to rock 2010.


I don't have an resolutions but I have a few goals. But those are going to stay inside my head for now.

1 comment: