Monday, October 19, 2009

What's YOUR favorite scary movie?

Saturday night after we returned from the mall and the movies, we decided to have a "Halloween-a-thon" we picked up a few scary movies and some candy and stared the scream fest!
We rented "Drag me to hell", "Scream" and "Sleepy Hallow" and stayed up almost all night watching them! Followed by a few episodes of Entourage so that I could fall asleep afterward!

"Drag me to hell" was really bad. I thought it would be the scariest movie we picked, I expected a lot of gore. It wasn't scary, it was really lame and predictable and Justin Long's character was very boring, and really only there to be a Mac sponsor. I rolled my eyes more than covered them. Since I scare easily, this says a lot about this movie.
I haven't watched scream in years, and it was AWESOME. Scream was the first scary movie I remember seeing, and it still had the same affect on me. I am glad we stuck with a classic for the evening. Something that was nostalgic as well as somewhat scary! (more so when it ends and you are left in the dark with the memory of it!)

We didn't actually get around to watching "Sleepy Hollow" until Sunday night, but it was the perfect end to our Halloween kick off. Plus the ambiance that mother nature produced outside made it perfect for this movie! There is just something about this movie that makes me want to watch it every Halloween. To me the best Halloween movies take place in the 17 or 1800's using folklore or mythology.

No comments:

Post a Comment