Monday, September 21, 2009

And wherever we are home is there too.

This weekend was very productive!
After my amazing massage at the spa on Saturday, we went hardcore into the things we needed to do that we have been putting off!

We went grocery shopping! I made TWO dinners that did not involve pasta that Colin liked AND we drank a lot of red wine!

We finally picked out and painted the bedroom, and moved my bed upstairs - well the mattress. TODAY the frame will be moved up as well. I spent the afternoon while Colin was at baseball bringing up the remainder of my things from my apartment. It was so nice last night not to have to go all the way down to my apartment when we wanted to go to bed, and to wake up and simply walk into the bathroom instead of roaming up and down between the two places. There is still a few things to sort out that are currently piled in the livingroom, but nothing too extensive. It feels so good to watch our little apartment develop into a home, and to know we did it all with our own two hands.

It's funny I was talking to my mom the other day - they bought new lake front property and are selling their house, for years I have been so against them moving, but the last few times I went to visit, it no longer felt like MY home. As cheesy as it sounds, I actually understand the meaning of your home being in someone else. I have never felt that before, it's pretty amazing. I remember when I was little never understanding how I would ever not feel like my parents home is my own, but I get it now and I guess that means I am really growing up. I am actually really excited for them to move - even though it will be awhile from now, as they are tearing down the current building and building their dream home!


I'll post pictures of our place once we finish setting it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment