Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sugar Pie Honey Bunch...



On Tuesday I went to the spa and had my eyebrows waxed, during this treatment, the very blunt, esthetician informed me, in her exact words: "You dry skin! You need exfoliate more!"
At first I was a little offended, then I realized being offended would be silly, because on that particular day, I did in fact have dry skin. Fortunately for me, she did not stop there, she proceeded to give me a recipe for a homemade scrub, she swore it was the very best and also very inexpensive - she shared this recipe with me, and now I will share it with you, blogger world, because I believe, sharing is caring!

Face and Body scrub:

1 tablespoon white sugar

3 tablespoons honey
(more or less, it is up to you)

a few drops of water (just to make it easier to mix)

Mix together with a spoon. The consistency will be fairly thick. Rub this on your damp face and massage in small circles, leave on for about 15 minutes (this is where the thickness is handy.) Rinse off, then wash your face as you normally would.

I did not attempt this full procedure on my body - only because I didn't want to have to stand covered in goop for 15 minutes, I just applied it in the shower and rinsed off.

Volia homemade scrub = an incredibly smooth you!

This recipe really didn't take a lot of convincing, since I use a similar leg scrub in the bath after working out to sooth acing muscles only replacing the sugar with sea salt and water with olive oil Anyway, I tried this yesterday and it is by far the very best scrub I have ever come into contact with, give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment