Monday, February 8, 2010

Surrender, surrender, but don't give yourself away


This weekend was AWESOME!
This weekend went by way too fast.

Saturday as every weekend, the greatest boyfriend on the planet made me some pancakes, and I came up with the stellar idea to put some chopped up apples in sugar and cinnamon in a frying pan with some butter and heat it up - made for a pretty deliriously outstanding delicious pancake topping. Later on we went to Jen and Kevin's for dinner with Joanne and Andre. After dinner had some drinks and played Scene it! It was so much fun, I can't even explain it, I just have so much fun with the whole family and all the kids are so great. Everyone just makes me feel so at ease and I can be totally myself around them! I spent a lot of time hanging out with Kati and her tween magazine, brushing up on all my gossip and doing quizzes. Matthew made Colin and I another great piece of artwork and watched bits of Home Alone with Josh!
OH and we got to do all of our laundry we were there! (It is all about the little things in life). We stayed the night and headed home in the early afternoon.
Sunday Colin and I kept with our usual ritual and went to Rainbow to see a matinee. We ended up going to see "From Paris with Love". Now, when this movie trailer came out, I was totally turned off, thought it was going to be the worst movie of all time - but since it was the only thing playing that wasn't catering to an audience in the third grade we decided to check it out. (I mean I do love me some John Travolta). Turns out the movie isn't bad at all, I actually enjoyed it a great deal AND found myself laughing very hard through the whole thing (because it is more of a comedy not because it was bad ha ha).
After the movies we came home to watch the Superbowl...ha no that is a dirty lie, neither of us had any desire to watch it, we chose to watch a movie we had already watched instead. We watched Shooter, to all of you on the edge of your seat wondering.
Another sweet weekend with the one I love the most!
Can't wait to celebrate our first Valentines day next weekend!

P.S I have had Cheap Tricks "Surrender" stuck in my head since I watched the John Hughes episode of One Tree Hill the other day...good tune, I'll let it stay stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment