Wednesday, December 2, 2009

First day on a brand new planet.

Yesterday was my first day training as a "bridal consultant". I have to say it is a whole new world compared to working in MED or really most things I have ever done. My first day was a basic over view of the entire store, where everything is, and how everything works. There is definitely a lot to learn ; I don't want to say that yesterday was overwhelming, because that sounds negative to me, but my brain felt like a little sponge trying to soak up as much information I could. The way they work the training makes me feel a lot more comfortable, they have me shadow one of the other consultants for three weeks, so all of my shifts will overlap with hers and I literally follow everything she does, as I begin to feel more comfortable, I start to step in with some of the tasks with her by my side. The daily experience is pretty amazing, I mean it can be really hectic and based on their horrible hand recordings of everything a little confusing, but watching girls try on dress after dress and then watching their face when they actually find "the one" is a pretty great thing to see. I saw a lot of girls yesterday, Tuesday is the alterations day, so brides come in all day for their first or final fitting, there were a lot of beautiful dresses, but there were defiantly some moments, where I was actually breathless when certain brides came to the mirror. It sure is a change from what I was doing; in fact on my way to work, I stopped to get a coffee and the group of men behind me were talking about GoodLife and complaining about their contract - there was a huge part of me that wanted to turn around and say all the things I had always wanted to say to a member - mostly " GoodLife didn't do anything wrong here, YOU didn't read your contract, it is two pages, not a hard read! YOU are to blame here." but instead I just smiled and thought about how great it is, that I will never have to deal with GoodLife members again.
It is really nice to be working at a job, where what I am doing is actually important to the people I am helping.

4 comments:

  1. I love you and I am happy for you, but if you spell "definitely" wrong one more time, I think my head may explode!!!!
    xox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Your blog is looking a lot better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thank you (for the blog comment) as for spelling...I think I have improved over the years, I am at least TRYING lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least if you wrote "definatly" it would phonetically make sense, but you wrote DEFIANTLY... twice. Which IS a word, but definitely not the word you meant.

    I will recognize your improvement, but no reason to stop now haha.

    ReplyDelete