Friday, September 24, 2010

A picture of you holding a picture of me In the pocket of my blue jeans


I decided to finally announce an exciting little detail of my life here on this old blog.
I have officially changed my name. That is right, peace out Robillard, hello EVANS.
There are a lot of reasons I did this, but all of you that need to know, already know these reasons. One day I am sure I will blog about it, but today, I think I will focus on the positives of the name change.
I have also dropped my middle name "Lee" and changed it to "Rose" as most of you are aware based on my Facebook and twitter names...(to be honest I never really liked the name anyway).
Evans of course is my step father's last name, a name I should have taken years ago, he is after all the man that raised for most of my life and the only man that gave a damn, yes there were tough times when I was a teenager, but Jenny said it best, when she said "at least he was around to piss you off." Some people are wondering where "Rose" comes from, it comes from the song '"Rose of my heart" which Johnny Cash covered for June Carter, this is a song that means a lot to me and Colin, and I felt like it was better to go with a name that has a strong meaning, rather than some random name I happen to like this week. I know it seems a little odd to be changing my name at 25 when I will most likley be married in a few years, but my mom helped me make the decision suggesting that it is better to live with my maiden name as "Evans" rather than be reminded of everything associated with "Robillard." I am really grateful that all of my friends and family have been so supportive with the name change, it really tells me that I am making the right decision, and I feel really good about it. I am excited to start off on another brighter foot with a much better name.

Here are the lyrics (once again) to "Rose of My Heart"

We're the best partners this world's ever seen
Together we're as close as can be
But sometimes it's hard to find time in between
To tell you what you mean are to me

You are the rose of my heart
You are the love of my life
A flower not faded nor falling apart
If you're tired, rest your head on my arm
Rose of my Heart.

When sorrow holds you in it's arms of clay
It's raindrops that fall from your eyes
Your smile is the sun come to earth for a day
You brighten my blackest of skies

You are the rose of my heart
You are the love of my life
A flower not faded nor falling apart
If you're cold let my love make you warm
Rose of my heart

So hard times are easy times, what do I care
There's nothing I'd change if I could
The tears and the laughter are things that we share
Your hand in mine makes it good

You are the rose of my heart
You are the love of my life
A flower not faded nor falling apart
If you're tired, rest your head on my arm
Rose of my Heart.

You are the rose of my heart
You are the love of my life
A flower not faded nor falling apart
If you're tired, rest your head on my arm
Rose of my Heart.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats again Jena! I'm glad you are happy with your decision and I support you 100%!! ps Evans sounds better anyways lol!

    ReplyDelete