Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Music is my imaginary friend


I am sitting at my desk listening to random selections on Myspace. A few things I haven't listened to in awhile, even though we have all the records at home, anyway, it dawns on me, that I am listening to all music that reminds me of the fall and winter last year. Dave Hause, Chuck Ragan, Northcoat etc. So I start thinking about all the things it reminds me of - hanging with Andrew and Katie at Nite Owl, my purple scarf, cleaning the apartment from top to bottom every day I wasn't working like THAT was my job, the smell of fall, the smell of snow as we raced to Call the Office or Nite Owl in the middle of the week, beer. It is funny how music, like scents, can immediately transport you back to the moments you first heard it.
I realize everyone is well aware of this phenomena, which is why music is such a huge part of our everyday life, it aids in healing, adds to celebration, motivates and calms; I am not breaking any ground writing this post but I was just so overwhelmed by these happy memories, I had to talk about them for a moment.

Alright back to work now my blogger beauties.

1 comment:

  1. For sure Music has helped me with EVERYTHING in life.. its a de-stress for sure!! If there wasn't music in our world I wouldn't of been dead a LONG time ago.. lol

    ReplyDelete