Monday, September 20, 2010

"...no I just watch a lot of CSI...New York CSI, Miami CSI and Bones too..."

So, it has been awhile since I blogged about a movie, but "The Town" was defiantly worth setting aside some blog time for. I don't want to go into too much detail with it, because I don't want to give a milisecond away, I want you to read this, and run out and watch it. Anyway, I will say that, I had pretty high hopes for this flick; while Ben Affleck movies can be hit or miss, generally ones he has been a part of creating are always incredible, and "The Town" was no exception. Not to mention, this is by far Ben Affleck's very best performance of all time. Yes, Ben the time has come now, I forgive you for that that Jennifer Lopez movie, that must remained unnamed.
I was pleasantly surprised by Blake Lively's performance although, I feel like part of it may have been cut out, it seemed to me, like maybe part of her character was missing.
Outside of creating a heart stopping, intelligent, and interesting action movie (a hard thing to do usually) "The Town" made me want to go to Boston, like NOW. I have been obsessing about Boston since I was little when my mom told me I started speaking in a Boston accent as a baby, meeting Colin another Boston lover, has only intensified that, but after seeing this movie, all I wanted to do was run home and book a trip ...I am planning one in my head now...that and watch anything that put Ben Affleck and Boston together...since re-watching "The Town" wasn't an option, I settled for "Good Will Hunting".
If you haven't heard me say it enough - go now and watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment