Monday, May 3, 2010

‘cause I don’t know where it’s going but I like where we are...


Time for the weekend wrap up!

This weekend was marvelous.

Friday night we hit up white oaks for some shopping, finally got a pair of shorts that are not 4 sizes too big! Picked up some groceries and even better than clothes and food, we got a new toilet seat! You have no idea how much you take your toilet seat fore-granted until yours is broken!

Saturday night we met up with Darcy, Shelley and her husband Tim at Yuk Yuks! To be honest I was a little nervous about the show, I hear going to Yuk Yuks can be pretty hit and miss, and often the comedians are pretty crude, but the show was free, so we figured we would give it a shot.
Turns out we were extremely fortunate because both comedians were HIGH-LARIOUS.
The comedians were Eddie Della Siepe and Darren Rose and they are also on the show "Video On Trial" which Colin and I enjoy a great deal, so we had high hopes for the show.

Sunday morning we had a nice breakfast at Winks - I always forget how fantastic the breakfast food is there. Colin played baseball and then we hung around the house listening to our new records and the Northcote album that Andrew burned for us.
We actually saw Northcote back at Nite Owl, he opened for Dave Hause. I have to say that Northcote is making its way to my favorite list pretty fast, especially the song "Worry". If you don't know about Northcote, then you should get to googling and learn to love it!

5 comments:

  1. Well, after a little combing, I managed to find this Northcote fellow on MySpace, and I have to say that it's quite a nice listen. "Worry" was good; I also enjoyed "Stark Major" a lot.. That one really struck a chord with me. I'm a sucker for swelling horn sections in gentle acoustic melodies. And his beard. "Energy" was good for this too (horns, not beard).

    So, did you like.. Have to use the toilet without a seat for any period of time? That would be terribly awkward at best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am so glad you checked it out! Sorry I made you dig for it, I usually post the site, but I had a headache and couldn't even bring myself to read what I had written by the time I was done writing.

    Anyway, I am also a sucker for horn sections, which is why he peaked my interest in the first place. Plus anyone with a beard like that deserves a listen at the very least.
    So happy you enjoyed it!

    Our toilet seat was plastic and would slide to the side and hang off the edge, one evening after a few alcoholic beverages, my dear Colin sat down on the seat while it was not properly aligned and cracked an enormous chunk out of it. Later I was standing on the lid to reach something and broke that lid clean in half - it was indeed terribly awkward to use, involving a lot of balancing and preparation.
    Now we have a new non plastic seat and we fell like royalty. (ha ha upon our thrown)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you guys really annihilated that thing, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We felt it was necessary to make sure it was completely unusable before having to fork out 12.00 for a new one ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE SHOWED THAT FUCKING TOILET SEAT WHO WAS BOSS!!!!

    ReplyDelete