Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Used book stores - a love story.


I just wanted to take a moment to mention how much I love used book stores. Seriously, LOVE THEM. Yesterday I wondered into my favorite used book store for a little gander. The book store I am referring to is called "Attic Books".
What is it about "Attic Books" that I like, you ask?
Well, let me tell you, I love the atmosphere, old hard wood floors, big open space, extremely helpful staff, and excellent prices! When I first moved to London, I really liked "City Lights", but eventually the over crowed shelves, small store and disorganization drove me away, my heart now belongs to "Attic Books", because unlike at "City lights" the whole experience feels like an old world book shop, instead of a hipsters paradise. What I enjoy most about it, is the ability to purchase books without dropping a small fortune, like I would if I was at Chapters. Don't get me wrong I still have a pretty big spot in my heart for Libraries, but sometimes there is something nice about becoming the owner of a new book!
Yesterday I picked up Douglas Coupland's "JPOD" and so far I am loving it!

2 comments:

  1. In Peterborough, "City Lights" is poutine heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually know this, from that time Brad, Aaron, and I came down to visit with you and Christine Lever - although "City Lights" to me was just after bar heaven, since poutine is my hell...ughh cheese curds...bleh.

    ReplyDelete