Monday, August 30, 2010

And we can walk down to the ocean, And sit with the rising sun.


This weekend was our second trip camping with the Turnbull gang. To be honest I was a little more hesitant this time, because the weather has been so finicky and bizarre I was expecting the worst. Fortunately, I was wrong, and the weather co-operated with us the whole time. We went to celebrate Harrison's 3rd birthday, Jen and Joanne's 35th and I guess to kiss summer goodbye!
Friday night was pretty interesting, I expected it to be low key, since we got in so late, and set up in the dark.... Turns out I was wrong again! I wont get into incriminating details (ha) about why we almost got evicted off the campsite at 3am and why Kevin gave us all a "I'll turn this car around" kind of talk afterward, what I will say is that what did happen bonded us all together even more and I felt very much a welcome part of the family, and it was pretty fun.
Another weekend in our dining tent, filled with family fun and lots to drink, all together a pretty swell time. I'll post pictures later when I haven't had half a glass of sour red wine and feel like my eyelids are made of concrete.

Good night lovely blogger darlings.

No comments:

Post a Comment